What is Spiritual Direction?
- Spiritual direction focuses on religious experience. It is concerned with a person’s actual experience of a relationship with God.
- Spiritual direction is about a relationship. The religious experience is not isolated, nor does it consist of extraordinary events. It is what happens in an ongoing relationship between the person and God. Most often this is a relationship that is experienced in prayer.
- Spiritual direction is a relationship that is going somewhere. God is leading the person to deeper faith and more generous service. The spiritual director asks not just “what is happening?” but “what is moving forward?”
- The real spiritual director is God. God touches the human heart directly. The human spiritual director does not “direct” in the sense of giving advice and solving problems. Rather, the director helps a person respond to God’s invitation to a deeper relationship.
- Spiritual Direction enables each person to understand, objectify, and articulate one’s own living faith, hope, and love, in their life long conversion to Christ.
What to Expect
- Confidential one-on-one sessions
- Sessions are one hour each
For more information about your journey contact Gardener's House of Prayer or visit Spiritual Directors International.