Gardener's House of Prayer offers a guest house for those seeking silence and solitude in wilderness to pray alone in the presence of God. Come for rest and renewal in the Texas Hill Country. Self-directed or directed retreats offered for those wishing to stay undisturbed with nature paths, library and river access.
What to expect.
- Retreats are offered Monday through Friday year-round
- Minimum stay one night | Maximum stay four nights
- Contemplative, communal prayer is daily
- Directed retreats and/or spiritual direction available upon request
- Meals are prepared and supplied by guests *Guest house includes small kitchenette
Contact Gardener's House of Prayer to schedule a retreat.
Let me seek, then the gift of silence, and poverty, and solitude, where everything I touch is turned into a prayer: where the sky is my prayer, the birds are my prayer, the wind in the trees is my prayer, for God is all in all. ~ from THOUGHTS IN SOLITUDE by Thomas Merton